Monday, October 29, 2012

Movie Magic project (Sung)

The Movie Magic Project was an interesting activity for me because I liked watching movies. Some movie clips were familiar with me, even though I didn’t remember the details and conclusions. Among them, I found two interesting movie clips. One clip was Marie Antoinette and another clip was Star Wars.
1. Marie Antoinette
 
        Marie Antoinette movie clip showed various kinds of color. The movie clip expressed how the young princess lived a luxurious life. However, many people could assume that this movie will be end with tragedy because it was based on history. When I created the mosaic, I tried to express both  bright image in the movie clip and tragedy of the princess. In my mosaic, the sky blue and white fancy ribbon symbolizes Princess Marie Antoinette.  Next, the seven colors surround the princess. I intended to arrange theses color plates like poker cards. That gives a hint that she is playing a dangerous game. Especially, the last card is black because the shadow of death is waiting for her.
 
 
     2.Star Wars

           The movie clip shows the one of the most famous scenes in the movie history. Darth Vader defeats his young son, Luke Skywalker. The young Jedi was too weak to confront with Darth Vader. When I created my mosaic, especially I considered the two colors; the red and blue (green). The red color is a symbol of the Dark Force, and the blue represents the Force. In my mosaic, the Red leaf dominates the major portion of the space. The red leaf represents Darth Vader. The green leaf is the young Jedi. Green is the color of life, but the young man is not ready to fight against the great evil. The background is covered with black color because the Dark Force superior to the Force. However, the right side still has a small space with navy color because even though most of the hope was extinguished, the hope still remains.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment