Thursday, October 11, 2012

Juliana's "Words to Live By" project


          From all of the Jesuit values, the one I think has more meaning to me is "International and Global Perspective". I chose it because of what I am living now and because of my plans for the future. For the first time in my life I am living in another country now I am also studying with other international students. Both of them, living in another country and studying with international students, are really amazing and help me to make sure that I am in the right path regarding my future. Next year I want to do a Master program in International Business Law because as a lawyer in Brazil I used to work with international contracts and I was amazed by how small and connected our world can be in these globalization times. Therefore, I chose the “International and Global Perspective” value because it represents my present and my future.



          The second picture I chose for my “Words to Live By” project was a picture we took on Monday, when we went to see some Halloween decorations. The picture shows a dead couple with the words “Til dead do us apart”. Apart of the funniness of the scene, this picture really meant something to me. I would not say that two days before Monday, but now it is something that is part of my reality. On Sunday my boyfriend proposed and although I always had the idea of “forever” in mind, when you are a wife to be this idea has a stronger meaning. It was funny that I saw this picture just the day after my boyfriend proposed and therefore I chose it to be a part of my project. 








No comments:

Post a Comment