Monday, September 24, 2012

Vanitas project – Candy Nguyen



                Each person has their own important personal object that attach with them to everywhere they go. These objects are not something that expensive or come from unique places, but they represent oneself values, goals, personality and memories. In my personal life, I have many objects that I cannot live without them. Those are my passport, photo frame (with picture) and shoes. Each object represents my identity, feelings and personality.


      1.Passport: 
 
Some people might think that passport is just an object that you need to go around, and they feel annoy keeping it. However, I think it is holding my true identity. It likes a lightest rock in the world that portable and unchanging through lifetime. I am proud to hold it. It has my real name and my home country. It reminds me where I am truly from. The heritage and culture are which I have in my blood. As long as I am keeping it with me to wherever I go, I still remember where to go back and where to begin.


       2.Photo Frame (with picture)

I am a travel person and also frequently moving. So I have many necessaries things to bring with me. A photo frame is not a great idea to carry around when traveling and moving, but for me is an attaching thing and important.
For example, this photo frame is holding a picture of me and my boyfriend. The picture and the frame each has difference values behind them, but it is holding together to make them meaningful.
This is a Hello Kitty photo frame. I assume that everyone know how much I love Hello Kitty. I got this photo frame on Christmas last year. My boyfriend got it from Taiwan where he comes from. At first he just got it because I love Hello Kitty. For me, it is really meaningful. The photo frame is a building block which I have to build it myself. Every block is holding and supporting each other to make the photo frame. It just likes my relationship between me and my boyfriend. We encourage each other when one is facing challenges, and holding when one is stressful or depressed. Building block cannot stand without one piece. It should be perfect and definitive which we are trying to hold and reach.
The picture itself contains our prom memory. It is the only prom that we have in our life. It is inside in the building block house and well protected.


           3.Shoes
Shoes are not only to decorate yourself but also to emphasis your beauty and personality. It also represents power of women.
I love shoes. It always my first choice on my shopping list. I really cannot live one day without them. I would accept to wear cheap cloth or save money from eating to buy shoes. I know it sound crazy. It sounds like that for me as well. Shoe is a good choice to show good parts of me and also a smart option to cover disadvantages of my body.
Shoes are not only one kind of shoe. It contains many sub-shoes such as high heel which is my top priority. This picture is my favorite clog heel. It makes me cheerful from its patterns, confident with the height and comfortable with the materials when I am wearing it.
Some of heels are hurt and feel uncomfortable to wear, but thank to who had invented flat and sandal. I always bring an alternative sandal with me in case whatever might happen.


I think the photo frame is the most important thing in my life so far. Life can change depend on situations and experiences. It is a photo frame right now but in the future there might be something else that more important. But now I value it as a reminder, memory keeper and also self-courage for which I want to keep and gain. 

These pictures were edited with effects. I chose ‘creative’ effect which brings different color to my pictures. I view the world in many colors and point of views, depending on situations and people surround me. From that each objects contains many meanings and have lots of purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment