Monday, September 24, 2012



Hello Jess,
I can't attach picture in because of my problem. I send this essay to you first and i will paste picture later.
Thanks
 Vanitas Project Essay and Photos
Lyly Origami and Crucifix
Living in the community, I do not have to spend much time concerning about supply need because those are provided generally to every member in the community. The only important things I need to do responsively is take care of the inner life or spiritual life in another word, and follow the form of religious life which are living in three vows that are obedience, chastity and poverty. In order to attach living with those vows, I have to remind myself frequently every day that whatever I do, wherever or whenever I am I have a mission in it.
            The picture and the sample always help to remind me is three little Lyly origami on the small shelf in my room. The white Lyly means the chastity vow which reminds me that I need to keep my mind away of impurity thought as much as I can. I do not say that I do not sink in that weakness, but the main point is how I get up after the fallen. Keeping the chastity vow is not simple as long as I do not surrender toward God’s will and accept my weakness as a part of natural life. The purple Lyly reminds me the vow of poverty which means that I do not have to worry much about salary, money, or other supply such as thinking about what kind of clothe, shoe, book or many other things because those are already afforded for me in the community. That is why you always see me wearing black habit and one kind of shoe with another consistent bag to the school. Sometime, I feel free thinking about wearing clothe when I have an important or not important meeting. I only wear that black one. Also, it means that I don’t have to waste much time and money to shopping. Because I was given all, I need to protect them as much as I can. That is the simplest explanation of living in poverty of the vow. Beside of the purple Lyly, the pink one means obedience of the vow. Hearing the word obedience is hard and dry, but when I live with that word, the only thinking I need to be alerted is yielding my will lower than my superiors who are in charge of me. Sometime is difficult for me to go after it because they asked me to do what I don’t like but it is useful for me.
            Living in three vows is not much easy or difficult. It requires giving up toward God’s want, and if I know how to bend my stubbornness in frond of God’s representative who are my superiors is uncomplicated. I know that I can not do it by myself, I need to God’s grace to company with me. Therefore I have placed those simple in the bottom of crucifix of Jesus to ask Him to encourage me everyday to live perseveringly with vows that I am devoted to follow.     
            Furthermore, those Lyly also make me pray for my three sisters who I really concern about. I give all my prayers for them and I ask Blessed Virgin Mary help them to be the people that God wants them to be and help them to carry the struggle that they are caring in this present. Those are important things that really relate to my life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment