Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Capturing a City Project _ Aurelie Saulnier

 
 


          I came for the first time in New Orleans two years ago and I immediately felt that I had something to do with this place. I was right, but still don't kow how, why and for how long.
The Big Easy is a very loveable city, despite its ruinded sidewalks, where I've felt many times already, its electric wires that kiss the trees and the houses' roofs, its crazy hot and mosquitos invasted summer and its hurricane season.

          I like to wake up with the sound of the street car passing right next my apartment as to walk along St Charles avenue with its wonderful trees full of beads. I enjoy to run or bicycle at Audubon park, to feed the ducks or play with my daughter there too. I love to seat on a banch at Washington square for an hour, when it is calm and quiet because it reminds me a long and intense discussion. The sunset over the lake Pontchartrain is beautiful from the levee.

          I don't know how much of me is influenced by the place I currently live, and at what point I play a role on my environment and acquaintances. I still have to figure it out. What I am sure of, is that I know what it means to miss New Orleans, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment