Thursday, November 1, 2012

Color Understanding Process (Natalia)



Before the movie magic project, colors for me were meaningless. I was able to see each color, but not understand them as a source that communicates ideas, feelings and intentions. That is why this activity represents to me the process of understanding colors. The first step was to learn how to name different tones, the effect they have in perception and how we can use them in advertising and movies. The second step consists of watching six different movie clips. The main purpose was to analyze each of them and identify the meaning of colors. The third was about choosing two of the movie clips to make the mosaic. It was difficult to define the criteria to use in this selection. Also all of them had wonderful and meaningful colors. Finally, I chose the ones that were more visually attractive. The process ends with the performance of the mosaics. In my first mosaic I created an abstract piece of art. The main characteristic of this image is movement, which is represented by the yellow leaves. The second mosaic was more meaningful and literal. In this one I used a skull to represent evilness and pink spectrum tones to show innocence and kindness.  I also used fancy materials to create a strong sense of irony. The whole process represents a big step for me into the world of colors and their power in communications. That is why I invite you to take time and think about them and analyze how they can affect and influence your perception daily.  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment